One of the cutest gifts I've seen recently for a bridal shower is a wedding day emergency kit. It's full of all those little things that you're likely to forget on the wedding day. So whether a wonderful bridesmaid has given you a kit or you'll need to put one together yourself, here are a dozen things you absolutely must have on the wedding day!
1. Bobby pins. Buy extra because you will inevitably need to pin up a few stray hairs sometime throughout the day. At one of my recent weddings, I took bobby pins out of my own hair to give to the bride.
2. Bandaids. Cute shoes hurt. We ladies know that and plan to grin and bear it, but sometimes a bandaid can work wonders in preventing blisters.
3. Mints. You'll probably forget to brush your teeth.
4. Safety pins. Maybe a bridesmaid's dress doesn't fit quite right or someone got a tear in something. Pack safety pins in the wedding day emergency kit to prevent wardrobe malfunctions.
5. A small sewing kit. See above. You will need it.
6. Hair spray. Also good for taming stray hairs.
7. Snack food. Nuts, animal crackers, pretzels. Nothing messy or melty.
8. Tide to go pen, wet wipes, and other travel cleaning supplies. You've got to wear the dress all night, so you want to make sure it stays looking nice.
9. Feminine hygiene products. It's Murphy's Law. Someone will need one.
10. Lint roller. To brush off the fuzzies before walking down the aisle.
11. Ibuprofen, tums, and other basic medicines. Again, it's Murphy's Law. Someone will start feeling bad.
12. Tissues. It's a wedding. You're going to need tissues.
There are dozens of items you might want to pack in your wedding day emergency kit, but these are the ones that I've seen needed most often that people tend to forget. So trust me, you'll need to pack these items.