One of the cutest gifts I've seen for a bridal shower is a wedding day emergency kit. It's full of all those little things that you're likely to forget on the wedding day. So whether a wonderful bridesmaid has given you a kit or you need to put one together yourself, here are a dozen things you absolutely must have on the wedding day!
1. Bobby pins & hair spray - Buy extra because you will inevitably need to pin up a few stray hairs sometime throughout the day. At one of my recent weddings, I took bobby pins out of my own hair to give to the bride.
2. Band-aids - Cute shoes hurt. We ladies know that and plan to grin and bear it, but sometimes a band-aid can work wonders in preventing blisters.
3. Mints - You'll probably forget to brush your teeth.
4. Safety pins - Maybe a bridesmaid's dress doesn't fit quite right or the strap broke. Pack safety pins in the wedding day emergency kit to prevent wardrobe malfunctions.
5. A small sewing kit - See above. You will need it.
6. Scissors and tape - For fixing stray threads, something that just won't stay closed, and a thousand other things.
7. Snack food - Nuts, animal crackers, pretzels. Nothing messy or melty.
8. Tide to go pen, wet wipes, and other travel cleaning supplies - You've got to wear the dress all night, so you want to make sure it stays looking nice.
9. Feminine hygiene products - It's Murphy's Law. Someone will need one.
10. Lint roller - To brush off the fuzzies before walking down the aisle.
11. Ibuprofen, tums, and other basic medicines - Again, it's Murphy's Law. Someone will start feeling bad.
12. Tissues - It's a wedding. You're going to need tissues.
There might be other items you decide to pack in your wedding day emergency kit, but these are the ones that I've seen needed most often.
Want more Tips for Brides?
Makeup: Splurge or Save?
How to be Inspired by Pinterest
Do I Really Need a Wedding Coordinator?
Because They Hired a Wedding Planner
Secret Jobs of a Wedding Planner
6 Things Wedding Guests Will Love
The Importance of the Stupid Wedding Decisions
10 Things That Should be on Your To Do List
Choosing Your Bridal Party
Taking Time Off
Wedding Day Emergency Kit