If you've been around here a while, you probably know that the final recap post we share is our favorite moments of the year: our top 15 in 2015, top 16 in 2016, and now our top 17 in 2017. It's a chance to look back at the year fondly one last time before shoving it aside for a bright and shiny new year. Here they are in roughly chronological order:
1. Darcy's first snow day
2. Seeing our work featured in print for the first time
6. Photographing Darcy and our friend's bunnies for Easter - cuteness overload!
7. Dying eggs with Darcy & Granddad - I was pretty quiet about a lot of family stuff this year. We lost Ryan's Granddad in July. Before he passed, we created so many beautiful memories with him and Darcy. The simple moments are some of the best, friends. Don't be afraid to pull out that phone camera! (Or the big camera!)
8. Spending my Mother’s Day camping at my parents taking care of Ryan post surgery after our living room flooded. If I've learned anything this year, it's that motherhood is all about sacrificial love!
9. Girls weekend with Darcy - It was a little crazy, but lots of fun!
15. Our first destination wedding - We've shot weddings in Hampton Roads that were destination events for all the guests, but Megan & Hamilton's wedding was the first truly destination wedding for us
16. Darcy's birthday
17. Photographing a styled shoot that perfectly fits our brand (coming soon!)