If you've been following along with my engagement session series, you're probably brimming over with location ideas and outfit inspiration. Today we're finishing up that series with a few tips you may not have thought of!
- Eat before the engagement session. Unfortunately, we often have to plan engagement sessions right around dinner time, because of sunset. I think it's a great idea to go out to eat after we've finished the session, but grabbing a good snack before will help you make it through without any stomach grumbling!
- Bring water, especially if it's going to be warm!
- Be sweet and loving to each other on the day of the session. You want to be able to enjoy cuddling during the session, so this might not be the best day for a stressful conversation about the guest list.
- Choose mints over gum. Chewing gum is never flattering in pictures!
- Check your outfits for panty lines. And if you have noticeable tan lines, keep that in mind when choosing your outfits!
- Plan your regular salon visits (hair color, eye brows, nails, etc) before the session. And don't forget about your fiance's hair cut too!
- Professional makeup will make your skin look FLAWLESS in photos, so think about investing in another session with your makeup artist that day. If not, a little extra eye makeup is perfect.
- Stop by the jewelry store and have your ring cleaned so it will be sparkly and ready for a close-up! My macro lens sees every speck of hairspray residue!
- If you're worried about sweat stains, make sure you're bringing two outfits so we can change halfway through!
- If you want to use more than one location, I recommend a total walking distance of 1 mile or less, something we can easily walk in 15-20 minutes. (I use google maps to plan this out.) That gives us plenty of time to meander and stop frequently for portraits. If the distance is much more than that, we'd be doing more walking than portraits. The same goes for driving from one location to another, about 10-15 minutes is ideal.
Want to read more tips for your engagement session?
Choosing a Location
My Favorite Hampton Roads Locations
What To Wear
What Not to Wear
Shopping for an Engagement Session Dress
What Happens if it Rains
Getting to Know Your Photographer
How I Chose My Outfits
10 Final Tips