I often get questions from brides about what they should look for when shopping for their engagement session outfits. And since it all starts with the dress, here are my top 3 stores for beautiful engagement session dresses.
1. Rent the Runway - This is the quickest way to a show-stopping engagement session! Whether you're looking for a fancy cocktail dress or a long flowy gown, there will be dozens of beautiful dresses to choose from! And since you're renting the dress, you don't have to worry about ever wearing it again! My favorite place to start? The Wedding Guest category!
3. Lulu's - Their formal dresses give me all the heart eyes and so many of them are under $100! And my favorite thing? Several of their gorgeous gowns are available in a variety of colors, so you can pick your favorite!
A couple other places to look? J.Crew, Anthropologie, and department stores like Macy's and Nordstrom.
And a few quick tips to remember:
- Sleeves will flatter your arms, so looking for a dress with sleeves or one that will go nicely with a cardigan is always a good choice.
- The best colors for most women are jewel tones, pastel colors, and neutrals.
- Look for texture somewhere in your outfit. That might be a lace dress, a beaded neckline, or a belt piece of jewelry that you add.
- Choose a dress that fits you beautifully. If a dress would require constant adjusting or tugging, it's probably not the best choice.
Want to read more engagement session tips? I blogged an entire series here!