Having an amazing photo session is really easy, but it does require some preparation.
- Decide what you will use the pictures for. Do you want an album filled with photos of your growing family? A new portrait for your wall? Think about the decor in that room. You might not want to put a gorgeous fall print in a room decorated with pastel colors.
- Choose a great location. I will work with you to decide what feel you want your portraits to have.
- Think about props. If you want pictures in a park, picnic props would be adorable. A beautiful engagement session might include a small chalk board or signs announcing the date of the wedding.
- Choose outfits. You want to coordinate without being matchy-matchy. And don't forget to accessorize. Here are some great resources for clothing: Texas-based photographer Kristin Duke shows how to change up the black & jean or white & khaki idea. California-based photographer Corina Nielson explains how to work with layers and patterns. She also has some guides for beautiful spring, summer, and fall outfits for the whole family.
- Take a little extra care with your appearance. That doesn't mean you have to spend the morning at the salon getting your hair and makeup professionally done (although if you want to, go for it!). Just make sure that your nails and hair look nice. Wear your makeup a little heavier than normal. Men, make sure you're clean shaven or that your facial hair is nicely trimmed. Don't go crazy with the sun tan. You want to look like the best version of you.
- Come ready to have fun! My focus is not on posing each little detail and taking five minutes to set up each shot. It's displaying the beauty and love that your family shares. Our session will be relaxed and fun and you'll have some gorgeous images to decorate your home when we're finished.
Interested in booking a family session? Contact me here!