Is it just me or is this the year of the Ugly Sweater Party? I've been invited to 7 Christmas parties this year and 5 of them are Ugly Sweater themed!
This past Saturday was our Sunday School class's party, and I have to admit, it was much easier to put decorations and prizes together when you didn't have to worry if things matched or not. I figured if it clashed, it would just fit the theme even better, right?
Some of the sunshine & raindrops from the weekend:
- Ryan and I stepped in as activity coordinators for our Sunday School class, so I felt like it was part of my job to have a good ugly sweater. I may or may not have gone crazy with a glue gun, an old tshirt, and a bag full of Christmas bows. And without trying to, I won one of the categories!
- Saturday night was CRAZY windy at our house! Neither one of us slept well and we woke up to find our trash and recycling tipped over and a small piece of siding missing from the back of our house. Oh the joys of homeownership!
- My mother-in-law is getting bolder in her hints about grandchildren. She requested a granddaughter for Christmas. Poor thing... she's getting new curtains instead.
- Someone gave us a cookie press when we got married and we finally tried it out! (Sorry it took us so long!) We had to experiment a little with how much of the shortbread dough to pipe out at once, but we were pretty pleased with how easy it was and how nice they looked! I can't wait to make a batch of sugar cookies like this!
- Those who follow me on Instagram may have noticed that I've gotten the purging itch. My goal is to get rid of 100 things we don't use before Christmas. I'm just under 40, so I've got some work to do!
- Ryan and I have been enjoying our Advent calendar and a fun Christmasy activity every day. Yesterday we hung lights in our front window and decked out our fish tank!
Coming Wednesday... another beautiful fall engagement session! While you wait, check out past engagement sessions.