Choosing wedding vendors who fit the style and budget of your wedding day can be difficult, but getting to know the people behind the business often makes that decision much easier. In this series, Coffee with Caitlin, I want to introduce some of my favorite wedding vendor friends… or friendors as we call them.
Today’s interview is with makeup artist Dhalia Edwards. I love how natural her makeup application always looks! It’s the complete opposite of that heavy caked-on look, and yet you look better than you ever have before! Dhalia recently glammed me up for our anniversary session, and you know she's going to be the one I call to keep me from looking like death the day of our newborn photos! She has a beautiful studio at The Brides Corner, but she also does makeup on location and she has three wonderful ladies who work with her!
What’s in your coffee cup/mug this morning?
- K cup Folgers In your Cup (haha) with a dash of Cinnamon powder and cream
What does a normal day-in-the-life look like for you?
- I get up to get my kids off to school, and head to the studio if I have clients. If not then I stay at home and blog. Pretty simple. :)
How did you get started in the makeup industry?
- I started out in the Music Industry doing makeup for videos that have been featured on VH1, BET and MTV. I was referred by Jill of Sunkissed Events for my first wedding and it just took off from there.
What is something non-wedding related you’ve been loving lately?
- Evenings when I get to sit home and relax on the sofa with a great movie.
What is one thing you wish brides knew about wedding day makeup?
- To pamper your skin weeks prior. That extra pampering will have you glowing on your special day.
If you could give brides one piece of advice about another wedding vendor, what would it be?
- Hire a wedding planner if you want to feel stress free and relaxed on your special day.
What was a favorite detail you saw at a wedding this year?
- I don't usually get to see my brides' weddings. But I recently did a wedding in December and I just loved how all the bridesmaid wore white dresses along with the bride. It was beautiful!
Describe your ideal wedding:
- Neutral, very clean, classy, simple and timeless.
What’s your current favorite color palette for makeup?
- The new Urban Decay Gwen Stefani eye shadow palette.
If you could give brides one piece of advice about their first year of marriage, what would it be?
- Have fun! Enjoy each other, do all or most the things you would do as couple prior to growing your family.
What is something your company is known for that sets you apart from others?
- Blogging my Bride's special day. I always make note of the photographer so I can follow up a month or two later for images.
Meet more of my favorite vendors:
Chelsea, Tidewater and Tulle
Missy, Antonia Christianson Events
Evelyn, Letterlyn Studio
Caitlyn, Blue Steel Lighting Design
Kristina, Norfolk Botanical Gardens
Dhalia Edwards, Makeup Artist
Adrienne, Heart's Content Events and Design
Becky, Roost Flowers